Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting
As the Multimedia Producer at the Pulitzer Center, I worked on all things visual. I produced and edited videos, photographed education programs, and curated exhibitions. This is a collection of my work.
Video Production & Editing
NYC Photoville 2017
This year, I curated a container exhibit including work from TIME's Finding Home. Journalists Lynsey Addario, Aryn Baker, and Francesca Trianni tell the story of three pregnant mothers and their families in the midst of the refugee crisis. In addition to the images and video, I collected household items to replicate what the inside of refugee tent could possibly look like. Photoville is a festival of photo exhibits built within shipping containers.
• • •
I also exhibited TIME's Finding Home during FotoWeekDC. The space was a little different from the Photoville container, so I had to rethink some of the exhibit elements. FotoWeekDC is a photo festival celebrating work across Washington, DC.
I work with Pulitzer Center journalist grantees to edit photo stories for our Instagram. These are three of the stories I curated for the account. (From left to right) TIME's Finding Home, James Whitlow Delano's Up Against the US/Mexico Border Wall, and Nichole Sobecki's, Europe Slams Its Gates.
Links to Additional Work
- NatGeo Your Shot Launches Joint Assignment with Pulitzer Center (National Geographic Your Shot partnership)
- Pulitzer Center STEAM Education (video)
- 2017 Student Fellows Washington Weekend Highlights (video)
- Pulitzer Center Gender Lens Conference Highlights (video)
- Chicago Teacher Professional Development (video)
- Everyday Africa: Photography Techniques (educational video)
- Meet the Journalist: Dominic Bracco (video editing)
- Meet the Journalist: Ben Taub (video editing)
- Meet the Journalist: Ben Solomon (video editing)
- Meet the Journalist: Paula Bronstein (video editing)
- SIUC Crisis Reporting Symposium Focuses on Refugees and Migrants Worldwide (educational presentation)
- Students Engage with 'Finding Home' at Photoville (educational presentation
- 2016 Year in Photos
- Pulitzer Partners with Tomodachi Youth Exchange (educational presentation)
- Students Present Documentaries About Chicago Communities (educational presentation)
- Soul of the City Students Meet with Pulitzer Center-Supported Journalists (photo & article)